Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Day One

My first day at ITS was an interesting one. Mike was actually out of the office for personal reasons, but gave me a good idea of what I would be doing over the phone. Some of the computers that we will be using to run Windows 7 and Clonezilla testing on were missing parts or having some type of issue. These computers had already been gone over but I needed the practice of working in Bios and experiencing some of the errors myself; since my bios skills are lacking. I found many of the problems to be basic hardware needs, like missing ram, hard drives, or power supply's. One computer did have all the necessary working parts but still had issues with turning on. It would start, the lights would flicker and then the computer would turn off again. After going over the computers I went to work look at the Server that was stuck on its bios screen. I will admit my defeat here because I did not understand what was wrong with the machine. I had a little time left and started my research on virtualization.

No comments:

Post a Comment